The Mammoth Real Estate Blog is committed to providing a fully accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues we reasonably can to strive to meet or exceed the standards. Testing of our website is performed by our team members using industry-standard tools such as the Accessibility Checker WordPress Plugin, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included in our website to improve its accessibility:
- Testing navigation and website content using only a screen reader and only a keyboard
- Visible outlines for focus on keyboard navigation
- Meaningful link anchors
- Using headings in a logical order
- Avoiding parallax scrolling, entrance animations, background videos, or popups
- Using numerical paginations on blog pages
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas as budget allows in the coming months.
- Adding captions and transcripts for new videos
- Adding a pause option to image sliders
- Making sure all images have alt text
- Updating contact form and email signup forms for better accessibility
- Increasing color contrast of text/background colors
- Underlining links in paragraph/body text
- Adding warnings on links that open in new tabs
- Using all caps text via CSS or styling so text can still be read well by a screen reader
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at Mammoth Real Estate Blog a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third party websites to which we may link.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you are using assistive technologies and are having difficulty using our website, please email email@example.com or give us a call at (760) 914-0562. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.